Sunday 8 November 2009

Fireworks at Alexandra Palace

I take it back - I've just been to a display that has conquered my fear of fireworks. With my housemate and some other friends I went to the display at Alexandra Palace, overlooking London. The view was stunning, for a start, with fireworks appearing silently across town from Canary Wharf through Camden and North London. Although it was crowded, we found a perfect spot for viewing; not too far from the fireworks, not too full of people.

I'd forgotten how, when you are watching fireworks, they are all-consuming. Like you can't see or hear anything else, everyone around you is talking about the fireworks - oohing and aahing. I loved it. It's peaceful and beautiful and you can almost feel like you're the only person in the world.


Heart: Fireworks at Alexandra Palace
(c) JK Blacker, November 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment